Massachusetts 2014 tax free weekend is August 16th & 17th. Products $2,500 and below will not be taxed. Items costing $2,501 and above are taxable at their full amount. Best of all, the tax free weekend applies to individual items and not the final total of purchases. This means that if your total is above $2,500, it will not be taxed as long as each individual item costs $2,500 or less. Keep in mind that qualifying purchases must be paid in full by the end of the weekend.
If you have any questions after reading this article, don’t hesitate to contact Boston Appliance at (617) 268-7500.
How to Make the Most of Tax Free Weekend
The tax free holiday is one of the best times to shop in Boston. There will be many great deals on tax exempt items, with many shoppers making use of these deals. The guide below will help you make the most of tax free weekend, so that you save time and money (as well as your sanity)!
- Decide in advance.
- Shop online, over the phone, or in person before the tax holiday weekend.
- Know what specific products you want to buy to streamline the order process.
- Get a price quote.
- Find out what the total of your purchases will amount to ahead of time.
- This will help you keep track of how much you’re spending and saving.
- Call in your final order.
- We’re going to let you in on a secret: You can call, fax, or email an order and ask a salesperson to process it during the tax free holiday.
- This will save you time by avoiding long lines.
- Reserve in-store shopping for major purchases.
- If you did not have time to prepare in advance, you may have to do some in-store shopping. However, waiting hours in line for an inexpensive product is probably not the best use of a weekend, so save in-store shopping for big ticket items.
- Check store hours.
- Many stores will be doing about two months worth of business in one weekend, so they will extend store hours to accomodate. (The Boston Appliance Showroom will be open on tax free weekend.)
- Check store hours in advance so you can arrive early and beat the crowds.
Tax free weekend in Boston is one of the busiest shopping times of the year. Keep these five tips in mind when shopping and you’ll be sure to reap the benefits of the holiday. If you are interested in purchasing appliances on the tax free holiday, call or visit the Boston Appliance Showroom to speak with an expert. Or you can browse appliances on our website.
For a limited time, you can enter to win a $100 Dunkin’ Donuts Gift Card! When you do, you will receive a coupon for a free MESSERSTAHL 5-piece knife set with sharpener, with qualifying purchase from Boston Appliance during the 2014 MA tax free weekend!